Friday, May 6, 2016

This semester I am happy to say that I have achieved all of my initial goals. To help me achieve my goals, I went to office hours multiple times, I went to the Japanese language tables, I watch several hours of anime each week, I spoke Japanese with my classmates outside of class, and I practiced shadowing every week. I didn't notice how much I improved until recently, when I was watching anime and understood a lot of what they were saying without reading the subtitles--even when they spoke quickly. I also noticed that when I speak, I speak faster, with less pauses and stutters, and I don't have to spend time thinking about my prosody, it's just more natural now! When I learn new vocabulary I try to learn the correct pitch so as not to pronounce anything incorrectly. This semester greatly improved my Japanese pronunciation!

No comments:

Post a Comment